Context of this position:
- This position is situated within the R&D department of Shanxi Limagrain, the Chinese affiliate of Limagrain Asia (the Asian Business Unit of the Field Crops Division of Limagrain Group).
- Location of employment is Tongzhou (Beijing) in China.
- First contract up to 24 months (as a “VIE”), Limagrain Group intending to offer at a second stage a longer term and more management oriented position in China. The candidate should therefore not only have interest in scientific expertise, but also for managerial position in his career.
Objective of position:
Reporting to a Senior Maize Breeder, you will be assisting him to design and implement the Chinese Maize Breeding program aimed at developing hybrid products adapted to the market.
In this function:
- As a member of the Maize Breeding Team you will participate in the definition and the development of the Chinese maize breeding program .
- You will manage the inbred development program: nurseries organization and planning, hiring of adequate personnel and labor, budget management, maintenance of equipment.
- You will participate to the creation, evaluation and development of highly performing hybrids adapted to the different segments of the Chinese maize market. Your breeding criteria will be focused on agronomic characteristics such as yield, root and stalk lodging resistance and diseases and pest resistance, as well as abiotic traits such as water use efficiency and nitrogen use efficiency.
- you will use the most recent technologies developed by the Group Limagrain
- To achieve this mission, you will work in close relationship with the other maize breeders of Limagrain worldwide, with the molecular marker department, the bio statistics team, the seed production services and the marketing and sales organizations.
- You will continuously maintain an excellent knowledge of all technologies (scientific and technical) which are likely to increase the efficiency of the program.
- You will show excellent communication skills. Providing leadership and building strong relationship with your colleagues is an essential part of your function.
- You will make sure all personnel under your responsibility will be trained and obey to the health and security measures in vigor within the company
- Engineer Agronomy School (or PhD) in Genetics and Plant Breeding, with an experience of minimum 2 years in a similar position/
- Good knowledge of all the modern tools applied to plant breeding.
- Very good ability to leadership, management, communication and team work.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in Chinese.
- Must prove his willingness to travel regularly to visit the testing network in China, his colleagues worldwide and attend to internal meetings.
- Passion for results.
- Positive attitude.
- Functional mobility and geographical mobility are very important.
Modalities of recruitment: Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE)
- V.I.E enables French companies to send young French people as well as young people from the European Economic Area on a working assignment abroad for a flexible period of 6 to 24 months, which can be renewed once within a 2-year period. The V.I.E has a public status. He / She comes under the protection of the French Embassy in the country of assignment and has no contractual link with the French company benefiting from the assignment.
- You must be under 28 years old (recruitment possible until your 29th birthday)
- More details on VIE status: http://www.ubifrance.fr/formule-vie/vie-en-bref.html